Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Interview with Author April Lindner!

Picture

Interview- December 2010


1.As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

I always wanted to be a writer, though for a while I also wanted to be an artist, an actress, and a tightrope walker—despite the fact that I’m terrified of heights.



2.How long have you been writing?

Ever since I knew how to hold a pencil.  I wrote a novel and a whole lot of poems in elementary school.  My third grade teacher let us write as much as we wanted and draw our own illustrations, and then she bound the whole thing up in a book, which made me feel really famous and important.



3.What is your book "Jane" About?

Jane is a modernization of Jane Eyre.  My Jane is a 19 year old college student forced to drop out of school when her parents die in a car accident.  In desperate need of work and a place to live, she applies to a nanny agency.  Because she’s quiet and serious and not very interested in celebrities or rock music she is chosen to take care of the daughter of Nico Rathburn, a legendary rock star on the brink of a comeback.  Against her will, Jane finds herself attracted to Nico and drawn into the mysterious doings at his estate.



4.What is your favorite horror book?

My favorite is probably Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein.  I love the idea of a scientist piecing together a living being out of body parts, and the creature being terrifying and misunderstood.  It’s deliciously creepy but also kind of heartbreaking.



5.What are your upcoming projects?

I’ve been working on a retelling of Wuthering Heights.  It’s set in a night club on the lower east side of Manhattan, and the Heathcliff character is a punk rocker.



6.If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in any of your books?

Probably.  I try not to let myself think about that, though.  The books are already out there, and I have to let them go and be whatever they are. 



7. Thank you!! What else would you like to say or have me post?

You’re very welcome; this was fun.  I hope readers who haven’t yet experienced Jane Eyre will give it a try and fall in love with Jane and Mr. Rochester the way I did.



Check out more about Author April Lindner by visiting her website at-http://www.aprillindner.com/!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting we will get back to you as soon as possible.thanks!