Monday, November 22, 2010

Interview with Author Catherine Ryan Hyde!



Interview- November 2010




1.Where is your hometown?

Buffalo, NY.  I lived there until I was 17, then went out on my own.   
I lived in NYC briefly, and in L.A. for 12 years, before moving to the  
small California town where I now live.


2.Why did you name your dog Ella? (I like your video alot!!)

Thank you!  I named her after a character, Ella Ginsberg, in my first  
novel, Funerals For Horses.  Not because she's like Ella Ginsberg in  
any way.  Just because I liked the name.


3.I see you like to travel places, Where do you want to go next?

I have my eye on Alaska, Yellowstone National Park, and the railroad  
to the top of Pike's Peak.


4.What are your upcoming projects?

I have an adult novel called Don't Let Me Go coming out in the Fall of  
'11 from TransWorld, my UK publisher.  And I'm working on another for  
TransWorld for '12.  I hope to have another YA with Knopf, too, but  
nothing definite yet.


5.What is your book "The Day I Killed James", about?

It's about a teenage girl who blames herself for the suicide of a  
young man whose heart she carelessly broke.  (More info: http://www.catherineryanhyde.com/the-day-i-killed-james/ 



6.Tell your fans how to get a free signed bookmark?

Sure, You just go to my webpage at http://www.catherineryanhyde.com/swag/ 
and there you'll find instructions on where to send a self- 
addressed, stamped envelope.  I'll always send free signed bookplates,  
too, and I'll personalize either on request.


7.In your book "Diary Of a Witness", why is it that everything that  
happened to his family members was his fault?

I'm not sure it really was Will's fault, most of it.  I was more  
indicating that he took it on as being his fault.  I think we all tend  
to do that, and I think Will blames himself more than most.


8.If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

Jean Brody, the author of Gideon's House, A Coven of Women and Cleo  
was my first mentor, and very key in my progress as a writer.  I still  
know some other authors, but it's more like "peer mentorship."  We're  
more at the same level and we sometimes trade places with who is  
mentoring who.


9.When and why did you begin writing?

I was a sophomore in high school.  Here's a blog post that tells that  
story in a way that's probably better than I would do here.  And it's  
a good introduction to my blog, for those who aren't familiar with  
it.  http://www.catherineryanhyde.com/blog/2009/4/3/i-owe-it-all-to-lenny-reprint.html


10. Thank you!! What else would you like to say or have me post?

I'd like to say that my newest young adult release is Jumpstart the  
World, and that readers can learn more about it here: http://www.catherineryanhyde.com/jumpstart-the-world/




To check out more About Author Catherine Ryan Hyde, visit her website at- http://www.catherineryanhyde.com/ or/and her blog at- http://www.catherineryanhyde.com/blog/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting we will get back to you as soon as possible.thanks!