Friday, September 10, 2010

Interview with Artist Carolyn Enz Hack!!


Interview- August 2010






1.When is your birthday?

 August 21, 1961


 2.What materials did you have to use to make your painting, Autumn Trees? 
Oil on Canvas






3.What do you dislike about the art world?
 Pretentiousness






4.What jobs have you done other than being an artist? 
Theater Scenic Designer, Videographer,  National Baking Instructor for the King Arthur Flour Company, UPS Driver, Data Entry for a GPS company, Preparator for a Museum, Teacher, Scenic Artist, Waitress, Dog Kennel Caretaker, Babysitter






5.Do you have any of your Artwork appearing in any shows soon?
 The 23rd Annual Art at the Coach Barn Exhibition which is a juried show at Shelburne Farms in Shelburne, Vt. that runs from Sept 23rd-Oct 24th. In November and December I will have a solo exhibition at the Vermont State Courthouse in Montpelier, Vt.








6.Your art work is great! How long did it take you to complete your painting, Pond Ripples? 
Thanks! "Pond Ripples" was took a little over a month to complete in 2009. I always have more than one painting going at a time so it's hard to say the exact amount of time that I spend on any one painting. Once a painting gets to a certain point I like to hang it up and take time to consider the final touches.






7.Name three artists you’d like to be compared to.
 I can't paint like any of my heroes. I hope that when people view my paintings that it doesn't remind them of someone else's work, that they just focus on the painting in front of them.






8.What themes do you pursue? 
My work now is landscape seen in close-up. I want to explore the intricacy of pattern, texture, and color in nature.








9.What upcoming artwork are you working on? 
Right now I have two paintings on my easels. A "portrait" of Queen Anne's Lace and a scene of a sailing vessel headed for harbor. The sailing subject is something that I haven't tried before but was inspired by trips to Maine.






10.Thank you! What else would you like to say or have me post?
 There is so much miraculous beauty in nature. I use my own close observations as a starting point for creating detailed portraits of the rich ever-changing cycles of nature.






 To check more out about artist  Carolyn Enz Hack  visit her website at http://www.carolynenzhack.com/!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower!

    I'd love to have you stop by:
    www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are some really different jobs to have had ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Readerbuzz- Welcome and i'll check out your site!!! and Book sp(1)ot- your totally rite they are all diffrent, and maybe thats how she learned to do so many diffrent things by that experinces! ;) hah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting we will get back to you as soon as possible.thanks!