Saturday, August 14, 2010

Interview With Author Mary Hogan!


Interview-August 2010






1.In your book Pretty Face, What adventures does Hayley take on in
 Italy?

 
Oh my, doing anything in Italy is an adventure! For Hayley, her biggest journey is finding herself once she's away from body-obsessed Los Angeles. In Italy, food, life and love are all one.  Really, Hayley reconnects with her true self.
 





 2.In your book Perfect Girl, Is there alot of drama in this book?


 
For me, I like to write reality more than drama. Though, of course, nothing is more dramatic than real life. In this book, Ruthie falls in love with her best friend...a boy she's known all her life. But, before she can figure out what to do about it, a new girl moves to town. A perfect girl. And the real drama begins. 








 3.In your book the Serious Kiss, What problems does she face?



 The main character in THE SERIOUS KISS is Libby, a teenage girl who's stuck in a crazy family. Her dad drinks too much, her mom eats too much, and her brother hides his smoking by stashing half-smoked cigarettes in his curly hair. Plus, her family moves into a....well, I'm not going to give everything away! Just know that she runs into a LOT of obstacles on her way to a serious kiss. 






4.Can you tell us how you became a writer?

 
Honestly, I've always really loved sitting around, staring into space. Something that writers do a lot! I always liked books, too. So, I tried to figure out how to get someone to pay be to sit around, stare into space, and read books. Voila! A writer was born.  





 5.What question are you never asked in interviews but wish you were?


 
Oooh. Good question. Nobody ever asks me how much I weigh. If they did, I would say, "None of your beeswax."






6.What do you think makes a good story?


 
Honesty! Tell the truth...even when it's fiction...and you will always find people who relate to your story.






 7.What is your fav. color? :D
 
Purple. I'm not kidding. I love a very specific bluish purple...not Barney purple.
  




 8.What else do you enjoy doing besides writing?


 
Don't tell anyone, but I really love watching TV, too. (You can read books and watch TV...just not at the same time.) My favorite shows are true crime, like Forensics Files or Snapped.






 9.What upcoming project's are you working on?


 
I'm writing a novel for adults right now. It's sort of like jumping off a cliff...scary and exhilarating at the same time. I hope my teen readers will follow me into a different section of the bookstore. 






 10.Thank you! What else do you want to say or have me post?


 
My all-time favorite quote is on my website (maryhogan.com): "Today's mighty oak is yesterday's nut that held its ground." Be a nut! Hold your ground. The most interesting people in the world are those who express themselves.





Check more out about Author Mary Hogan by visiting here website http://www.maryhogan.com/ or her blog http://maryhogan.com/wordpress/!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting we will get back to you as soon as possible.thanks!