Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Interview with Author Simone Elkeles!


Interview-July-2010



1.Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles In your book Perfect Chemistry, how does the good girl and bad boy know they are in love with each other?

Alex and Brittany have an instant attraction to one another, but it takes while for them to realize it.  They are both so busy trying to get the upper hand and out do the other, that at first, they don't even realize they are falling in love!

2. In your book Leaving Paradise, do Caleb and Maggie end up falling in love?
After Maggie was hit by a drunk driver, she didn't think she would ever be able to face Caleb, the boy who went to juvie for hitting her.  However, when he returns to school, Maggie and Caleb learn that there is a very fine line between love and hate.

3. In your book How to ruin a summer vacation,What does Moshav mean?
In Israel, a "Moshav" is a community of farmers and their families.

4. In your book How to ruin my teenage life,What are some of the
problem's Amy faces?

When Amy decides to accept her father's offer to take her to Israel to meet her family and grandmother, she thinks it's going to be the worst summer of her life.  She likes shopping and eating sushi, not spending time with a family she doesn't know in a country she's never visited.  Amy is challenged to learn that she doesn't know it all, isn't the center of the universe, and may actually find friendships and even love in Israel.  Even though it's one of her flaws, Amy's stubbornness is a big part of what makes this book so amusing!

5.How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation by simone elkelesWhat is How to ruin your boyfriend's reputation about?

Amy and a few of her friends sign up for a boot camp in Israel so Amy can visit her boyfriend.  However, she didn't bargain for getting up at the crack of dawn, learning to shoot a gun, and having to pee in a hole.

6.Whens your birthday?

April, 24

7.When you where growing up ,did you want to become a author?

I didn't decide to be an author until I was in my 30s.  I was a stay at home mom and took my kids to the library regularly.  It wasn't until then that I figured out I actually LIKED reading; I hated it as a teen!  Once I figured that I liked reading, I decided to try writing.

8.If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your
latest book?

I never feel like I have everything exactly the way I want it, but eventually I just have to let it go.  (usually because I'm late for my deadline!)

9.What upcoming projects are you working on?

I just finished Return to Paradise, the sequel to Leaving Paradise, which is coming out in September.  Now I’m writing the third Perfect Chemistry novel.  It will be about Luis, Alex’s youngest brother.  Luis is a good boy who doesn’t live with the angst that his big brothers have always lived with.  Luis is smart, funny, and has big dreams.  When he falls for the wrong girl, Luis enters a dark world he’s never known to try and save her from herself.  Just when he thinks he’s got life all figured out, Luis learns some disturbing news about his family that destroys his positive outlook on life.  Will that Fuentes bad boy streak come out with a vengeance and lure Luis to live on the edge like his new girlfriend and his own father?  I'm absolutely LOVING writing it!

10.Thank you! What else would you like me to post or say to your fan's?

 If you haven't already, check me out on Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/PerfectChemistryNovels?ref=ts, Myspace, or at my website:  www.simoneelkeles.net  Send me a message.  I would love to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting we will get back to you as soon as possible.thanks!