Saturday, July 24, 2010

Interview With Author Jean Craighead George!



July-2010




1.I see you like nature!What is your fav. animal?
I not only like nature I am part of it as you are. I love and am
astounded by all animals, but like the wolf especially
2.What was the first book you wrote?
The first book I wrote was "Vulpes the Red Fox" in 1948.


3.What books have most influenced your life most?
Huckleberry Finn, Walden Pond, Bleak House, and many many others. I read a lot.

 

4.Where are you from?
I was born in Washington,D.C. but live in New York now.





5.Does any of your book's, have idea's in it from your life?
All my books are from my life and life experiences. You have to

write about what you know. "My Side of the Mountain" was about my
childhood. Dad taught me all the plants and animals around us and how
to live in the wilderness. He was a naturalist.




6.Do you encourage other's to be author's?
Of course I encouraged others to write.


7.Do you have a specific writing style?
I simply write what I see and feel.


8. Do you enjoy writing?
Writing is my joy. I love what one can do with words to create

mountains, people, rivers, cities etc. I write every day.


9.What project's are you working on?
I have just finished a book "Siku, the Ice Whale" and am sending it to my editor today.

To check out more stuff about Jean Craighead George visit her website --http://www.jeancraigheadgeorge.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting we will get back to you as soon as possible.thanks!